Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, place an order, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, email address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
INFO WE COLLECT
From Clients of our Service
- E-mail Address.
- Payment Data.
From the Website and Email
- Google analytics data (appears anonymous). Google may store a cookie. Feel free to opt out with Google's plugin.
- Apache Webserver (see apache.org) logs.
- Submissions on the 'Contact Us' page.
- Any e-mails we receive.
- Affiliates who opt to use the optional control panel will receive a temporary cookie.
How we use collected information
- E-mail address is used to send subscription information, payment confirmations and private internet access promotional offers only.
- Payment data is used to manage client purchase.
- Google analytics data is used to improve our website.
- Apache webserver logs are regularly pruned and are created by the webserver. No usernames or passwords are ever logged by the webserver.
- Contact submissions and e-mails will be used for correspondence.
BitVPN does not collect or log any traffic or use of its Virtual Private Network ("VPN") or Proxy.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on October 27, 2014